We are lucky, working in a very beautiful place. Our office is in an ancient palace. On this page you can watch some old photos and to read about the history of the palace.
Bobrowniki has been a German (till the year 1945) well functioning village with agricultural character, what indicates e.g. the German name of the village – Bewersdorf, in German Bewer means a farmer and Dorf a village.
Firstly, they belonged to the old fief of the family von Zitzewitz what is confirmed by several documents from years 1485 and 1529. Then, in year 1563 the estate was taken over by family von Somnitz. After about 250 years Bobrowniki became an ownership of Ernst Gustav von Mitzlaff from Wiatrowo who was also an owner of two other villages Damno and Wielka Wieś. As a result of enfranchisement of peasants family von Mitzlaff was made to hand over some of its land to the peasants. Nevertheless, the village developed very well and in that time were built e.g. brewery and granaries. In years 1864-65 was built a manor house that is located in one of the most beautiful parks in Pomorze.
After increasing the customs duties in agriculture the owners of Bobrowniki changed a lot. In 1885 estates in Bobrowniki was bought by baron von Stackelberg. And just 12 years later in 1897 Bobrowniki was taken over by Landbank (national bank) in Berlin that measured the village and made some of the inhabitants to emigrate. The next landowners ware Gustav Mach (1898), Franz von Böttinger (1900), Karl Paduck (1908). The last owner from 1924 to 1945 was Wilhelm von Steifensand. He owned then 450 ha of arable land, 54 ha of meadows, 33 ha of grass lands, 287 ha of forests, 16 ha of lands belonging to the manor house and roads and 5 ha of water areas. In his stalls and barns there were 50 horses, 200 heads of cattle and 26 sheep. Moreover, in the village there were 16 farms.
In 1945 Bobrowniki was taken over by Russians. Estates were looted and all valuable assets were transported to Russia. In Bobrowniki stationed a Russian military command which task was transporting cereal, cattle and agriculture machines to Russia. Russians stayed in Bobrowniki till 1951/52. Then the village was acquired by Poles and German inhabitants left. Until 1956 there was a school for children of Germans who stayed in Bobrowniki (Pagel 1989). Slowly Bobrowniki regained its old magnificence and the village itself kept its agricultural character. Until November 1992 there was a state-owned farm and from 1994 there is a company Farm Frites Poland Dwa that specializes in potato cultivation.
Park and manor house complex in Bobrowniki was established in the second half of 19th century. The park with an area of 14,4 ha that is found as one of the most beautiful parks in Pomorze was set up on the east of slope Łupawa valley. The manor house was built on the park area in 1864-65 by Franz von Mitzlaff. It is finely located on a glade near the ravine margin. To the complex belonged also a pavilion and a grave-chapel of the owners that was located about 300 meters from the manor house (Szalewska et al. 1977). 1977). The buildings were not preserved to these days.
The owners of the complex changed a few times. The estate was taken over by a noblewoman Freifrau von Stackemberg and as a result of bad economic situation it was acquired by Brandenburgs and in 1898 by Gustav Mach. In 1900 von Böttinger became an estate’s owner who later sold it to Karl Paduck (1908). In years 1924-1945 the last owner was a family von Steifensand (Pagel 1989). After the war until 1992 the manor house was premises of a state-owned farm. From 1996 in the manor house are located the offices of a farming company Farm Frites Poland Dwa.
Both a park and a manor house were adapted and rebuilt by following owners. As so e.g. just in 1920 was created the park fragment in front of the manor house – along the access road there was planted a hedge and in front of the manor house there was built a fountain that is preserved to these days.
Because of lack of financial resources in the times of functioning of a state-owned farm the manor house lost its old splendor and just the complete renovation of the whole building made by Farm Frites Poland Dwa at the beginning of 21st century allowed the manor house to regain its old magnificence.
The neoclassical manor house with use surface of 1680 m2 has two floors. The ground floor had representative character and the first floor residential character. On the ground floor are located well preserved decorative steps, ceramic furnace, mirror and decorative fragments e.g rosette on the ceiling. Today on the ground floor of the building are located offices and the first floor was adapted for apartments for coming guests.
On the west side of the building raises a hexagonal 30-meter tower from which displays a beautiful view on the nearby villages. The park located on the north from the manor house has preserved mostly its original character. There can be distinguished two parts: forest part and manor house part. On its area are to be found natural monuments – beeches with trunk diameters 420 cm, 390 cm, 340 cm and 330 cm, pedunculate oaks with trunk diameters 435 cm and 570 and also small-laved lime with trunk diameter 425 cm (Sobisz, Truchan 2005). Sobisz, M. Truchan 2005).